Friday, September 4, 2009

What's in a name

I have been talking about starting a blog for months, but to have a blog, I needed a name for a blog. This became quite an ordeal. I wanted to come up with a name that would accurately convey the random thoughts that will make up the content of my posts. So... what did I come up with? Thanks to some assistance from my cousin, Kate's Cortex Vortex was born. I know right... say that three times fast. Okay, so its a little difficult to direct people to your blog when you say the name and they look at you like you are crazy, but alas, it is the name I decided to use. However, considering the whirlpool of random thoughts I am sure I will be sharing through this blog, it is quite fitting and in my opinion has a nice ring to it.

For those of you with a science background, I am refering to the cerebral cortex of the brain in my title. While I am aware of the fact that cortex can refer to the outer layer of any organ, it is also the part of the brain that plays a key role in memory, attention, perceptual awareness, thought, language, and consciousness. At least that is what wikipedia says and we all know if its on wikipedia it might as well be written in stone ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment